Saturday, May 28, 2011
Recipe: Savory Pumpkin & Roasted Veggie Bisque Soup
You will need:
4 Cups Pureed Pumpkin
6 Cups Coconut Milk
Large Handful of Dandelion Greens, washed. (If you are not the foraging type, substitute with your favorite green)
1/8 cup chopped cilantro
1 Red Pepper
2 Cups Mushrooms
1 Large Onion
6 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Spices to taste (Very Important! This is what makes the soup delicious!)
1. In large pot, bring coconut milk, pureed pumpkin, and dandelion greens to a boil. Once boiled, bring to a simmer.
2. Chop onion & red pepper and mince garlic cloves. Heat over medium heat in skillet with 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
3. Once onion and peppers are soft and beginning to brown, add mushrooms. When mushrooms are brown and vegetables are roasted (slightly browned), add to soup pot
4. Let soup simmer. Add cilantro. Now comes the tricky part. I very rarely measure my spices. As individual taste may vary, so will preference of spices. Continually add dashes of each spice (Except the nutmeg). Taste periodically and continue to add dashes of spices until soup develops desired levels of savory and spicy.
5. Continue to stir the soup periodically. After soup has simmered at least 15 minutes, add nutmeg. Stir and simmer 5 more minutes. Turn off heat, stir and serve!
6. Garnish with fresh red pepper, dandelion blossoms, fresh cilantro, or whatever you like! This is a very eastern inspired soup. If you or your party guests desire adventure for their palate, this soup is for you!